Finally I have all my travel experiences in London posted. With such a short available period of only 3 days, I have covered a number of major travel sites in London city central. Namely a sightseeing tour, I have captured almost 1000 photos during these 3 days. (You may love to see these London travel photos highlight)
For travelers who plan to visit London one day, I summarize here the full travel itinenary of my short sightseeing tour in London as a brief guide for you guys to start off with. Enjoy!
Day 1 (afternoon)
- Arrived at London Stansted Airport.
- Took a Terravision coach at airport to Liverpool station in London city centre.
- Took underground train to Russel Square, where our Smart Russel B&B Hostel is. Check-in as neccessary. Pre-booked online.
- Settle down a while.
- Went out to nearby Valencia Cafe Restaurant for our dinner.
- Went to Tesco Express mini market just opposite Russel Square station for some bottles of mineral water and chocolate bars.
- Went back to hostel, took a hot bath and went to bed to end our first day.
- Read also the full story on my London travel experience Day 1 post.
- Had a morning walk around Russel Square at 6am.
- Went back to hostel for our continental breakfast.
- Started our city exploration by first walking for 15 minutes to Kings Cross station.
- While collecting our Eurostar tickets to Paris 2 days later, we also bought a One-Day travel card to take public transport freely at our convenience for 1 fixed cost at £5.60.
- Took underground train back to hostel and bought some breads from Tesco.
- From there we walked to British Museum.
- After that we went to Oxford Street nearby for shopping and quick lunch.
- From Tottenham Court Road we took another Undreground to Knightsbridge for the Harrods.
- You may wish to have high tea in their famous Harrod’s Food Hall.
- Next, we went to Victoria Station by underground again. From there we walked to the Buckingham Palace and Victoria memorial.
- Connecting Buckingham Palace with Admiralty Arch in a long straight line, The Mall and St. James Park are 2 options for you to stroll down the road to the other end;
- At the end of The Mall, we walked further down to Tralfagar Square, the square where Londoners celebrate the New Year.
- We were right in the middle of London city, Charing Cross Road.
- From Charing Cross, we entered to another famous square in London called Leicester Square where cinemas, restaurants and dance clubs are mainly located here.
- don’t miss the China Town, the largest in Europe, next to Leicester Square to have your dinner.
- Leaving China town to Piccadilly Circus short walk away to see those giant neon billboards on surrounding buildings.
- We didn’t but you may want to visit the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not museum in there.
- Lastly, to end our busy 2nd day city tour, we took Underground at Piccadilly Circus to go back straight to our hostel.
- Read also the full story on my London travel experience Day 2 Morning and London travel experience Day 2 evening posts.
- We woke up slightly later than on 1st morning to have breakfast provided by hostel.
- Again, we had a morning slow walk to St. Pancras Station to get another One Day Travel Card (can either buy from Railway or underground station which are generally the same for city transport).
- Our first site of the day was the Big Ben and Parliament building. You may also include the Westminster Abbey nearby.
- We walked across the River Thames via Westminster Bridge to London Eye.
- Off course, you can take a River Thames cruise down to Tower Bridge.
- We chose to fully utilise our travel card to take a bus to Waterloo station and underground to Tower Bridge station.
- Before reaching Tower Bridge, we passed across the new comercial development in London called the More London.
- We had our own sweet time to explore the bank of River Thames, having our Japanese noodle lunch, sipping my coffee, admiring the fantastic view of Tower Bridge not far away.
- We had the best view of River Thames on the span of Tower Bridge.
- Walking across the Tower Bridge, we went to see the Tower of London.
- St. Paul Cathedral was our next travel destination in London city
- After that, we took another train to go up north away from the city centre. This time we explored the famous Camden Markets to shop for whatever you need.
- We couldn’t get anything there so we went back to Tottenham Court Road for another round of shopping.
- In the evening, look for The Rock and Sole Plaice in Covent Garden nearby for an authentic English meal.
- After our dinner, the best place to have a pint or 2 would be in the Soho area next to it.
- Until very late at night, we slowly crawled back to our hostel.
- Read also the full stories on my London travel experience Day 3 Morning and London travel experience Day 3 afternoon posts.
That’s it! We ended our activities packed travel in London after our 3rd day. One the next morning, we would depart for another exciting city in Europe, Paris. Until then… Travel Feeder, your ultimate travel photo blog.